Caramel popcorn is a great addition to cakes and even cupcakes. If you're not a fan of the store bought caramel popcorn, here is a super simple caramel recipe that tastes delicious!
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 100mls Water
- 14g Butter
- 40g Popped Butter Popcorn
- Prepare all your ingredients. Set aside a bowl with your popcorn and a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Place sugar in a saucepan and cover with water. Set saucepan to a low - medium heat.
- Watch as the sugar reaches a deep amber colour and immediately turn the heat off and stir in the butter.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir immediately.
- Pour out the caramel popcorn onto the baking tray to harden.
- Once it's cool, break it up into an airtight container or straight into a bowl to eat it up!
I'd love to hear how you go making this recipe at home - leave a comment below!
If you'd like to get email notifications when a new blog post is written, click on the subscribe button!