At weekend markets I get a lot of people asking me how I make the frosting for my rainbow magic cupcakes! If you'd like to try it out yourself, the recipe is below.
- 500g Butter
- 2 cups icing mixture
- Vanilla Essence
- 3 food colours; I use pink, blue and yellow.
- Rainbow Pearls (Optional)
- Firstly, you're going to make a basic buttercream. Soften butter in the microwave and place in your electric mixer.
- Beat the butter on a high speed for 10 minutes.
- Add the icing mixture and vanilla and beat on a low speed until combined.
- Separate the buttercream into three bowls and add three drops of colour to the bowls to make three different coloured frosting.
- Open your piping bag and spoon in the the colours.
- As you push the frosting down the bag, try and do it evenly across the colours.
- Frost your cupcakes in a circular motion and top with rainbow pearls.
I'd love to hear what colour combos you try at home - leave a comment below!
If you'd like to get email notifications when a new blog post is written, click on the subscribe button!